The purpose of the Salineville-Southern Local High School Athletic Hall of Fame shall be to recognize and perpetuate the names of those men and women who have displayed outstanding ability in organized recognized high school sports and/or have contributed meritorious service to the prestige and progress of Southern Local athletics. Qualifications for Induction
- High school players must have graduated from Southern Local High School at least ten (10) years prior to the year of nomination.
- Persons nominated, as coaches must not have coached organized high school sports in at least the five (5) previous school years. These persons must have coached at Southern Local High School for at least five (5) years.
- Other nominees must have distinguished themselves through meritorious service contributing to the prestige and progress of Southern Local High School athletics.
- Any person attending Southern Local High School before 1946 and is deemed worthy by their accomplishments while attending SLHS shall not be held to the qualification requiring graduation from Southern Local High School.
- It is the responsibility of the person nominating to provide all pertinent information about the nominee. The committee does not research information. The committee does not nominate as a group. Individual committee member may nominate an individual.